After an Order is Entered
Branding Irons Unlimited takes pride in our customer satisfaction.
Once you have placed a CUSTOM order (over the telephone) you can expect the following:
1. The BIU Sales Team enters your order and then it is checked and processed. Expect to receive a copy of the Sales Order via e-mail for your review and records. This will be your opportunity to make sure all details, specifications and quantities are correct. There will be no need for you to respond unless corrections and/or changes are needed. Your credit card will be charged within 24 hours, unless another payment method was arranged.
2. Our Design Team takes over thereafter, to prepare a proof (layout) of your branding head(s). You will receive a proof within 2-3 business days. We offer up to three proofs per branding head for free (additional proofs are available at an additional cost). Shipping date will be scheduled for 10 to 15 business days from the day we receive your approval of our proof via return e-mail. See Below for when Production Begins.
3. *Our Production Team takes over, utilizing the proof you approved of, the branding head(s) are produced per your specifications. As soon as your branding head(s) is/are complete, your branding iron(s) is/are assembled. All the products on your Sales Order are then gathered and properly wrapped for shipment in our shipping department.
NOTE: If you need faster service, we accommodate Rush and Super-Rush Orders for expedited production. Fast Shipping options are also available. For more details please visit our Shipping Information & Production Speed Options page. — Please feel free to call us at 818-576-1101 if you need to change production speed (an expedited production fee would apply) and/or change the shipping option you selected — Your account manager will be glad to quote the expedited production fee, and/or the additional shipping cost for a faster shipping method. Once you approve either or both and give us your “green light”, we will update your sales order accordingly and e-mail you with a copy for your records.
*When Does Production Begin?
If we receive your proof approval before 4:00 pm PST, the first day of production will be the following business day, as shown in the example calendar titled “….Before 4:00 pm, PST” below.
If we receive your proof approval after 4:00 pm PST, the next business day will be skipped, and the first day of production will be the following business day, as shown in the example calendar titled “…Received After 4:00 pm, PST” below.
NOTE: Standard (non-rush) orders are usually completed in 10 business days, depending on complexity and quantity per order.
On the last production day, the custom product is transferred to our shipping department.
– If your Sales Order indicates that you chose UPS as your shipping method, in most cases your order will ship out the same day or the following business day.
– If your Sales Order indicates that you chose USPS as your shipping method, in most cases your order will ship out the following business day.
Production speed depends on whether you had entered your order as a standard (non-rush) order, a Rush or a Super-Rush order. It is reflected on the copy of the Sales Order e-mailed to you.
– Although a production speed option is typically selected when placing a custom order, in most cases it can be changed to “expedited production” (for an additional fee). So, if you realize that you need your branding iron(s) sooner, please call us and speak with your account manager.
– The shipping carrier and shipping speed you selected when placing your custom order, reflected on your copy of the Sales Order, can also be changed by your account manager. Please don’t hesitate to call us and ask your account manager about a faster shipping method and the additional cost will be quoted to you.
NOTE: Production days are only business days. Weekends and US holidays are excluded. We are closed from Christmas through New Year’s Day.
If Your Proof Approval Is Received Before 4:00 pm, PST
If Your Proof Approval Is Received After 4:00 pm, PST
Once you have placed your online order, you can expect the following:
1. The BIU Sales Team processes your order. You will receive a copy of the Sales Order via e-mail for your review and records. This will give you the opportunity to make sure all details,specifications and quantities are correct. There will be no need for you to respond unless corrections are needed.
2. If your order includes a personalized branding iron, production will begin the following business day (Saturdays, Sundays and US Holidays are excluded).
3. Your completed order will be shipped according to the production option of your choice (Standard, RUSH or Super RUSH).
4. If your order does not include a personalized branding iron, it will be shipped within 2 business days using the shipping option you select.